What do I do if my library book has been lost or damaged?
Last Updated: May 11, 2018 Views: 1775

No worries! These things happen. Please call or visit your local library to let us know about the lost or damaged book. Here's what you need to know:

  • If a WCPL item is lost, you'll need to pay the replacement cost of the item.
  • We can't accept replacement copies instead of payment.
  • If an item is damaged, fees will be determined based on the damage.
  • If an Interlibrary Loan item is lost or damaged, you'll need to pay the lending library's fee.

A staff member can help you determine any costs associated with a lost or damaged book. You can pay by cash or check at any Wake County Public Libraries location.

Related Questions