How do I place, suspend or cancel a hold?
Last Updated: Jun 19, 2018 Views: 8
You will need your library card number and PIN to place a request. Already have a card but need a PIN?
To place a hold:
- Use BRiAN, our catalog, to search for a title.
- Click the Place Hold button next to the title and format you want.
- If you are not logged in, you will be asked to log in with your card number and PIN.
- Select the location where you would like to pick up your book (if not an OverDrive title) or your email address (for an OverDrive title).
- Click Place Hold.
- Wait for the confirmation and click Close.
- You may have up to 30 books and books on CD on hold.
- Reference books and certain other types of materials are not eligible for holds.
- You may have up to 10 downloadable items (ebooks and audiobooks) on hold.
- You can request eBooks and downloadable audiobooks through OverDrive.
- If a title you are looking for is not in our catalog, you may suggest it for purchase or request it through Interlibrary Loan.
If you need help placing a hold, call or visit your local library.
Suspending and canceling holds
You may suspend or cancel holds that have not been filled and are not yet in transit.
Suspending a hold deactivates a hold until a certain date that you choose. During this time, you will still move up in the queue, but will not receive your hold until it reactivates. This is useful if you know you're going to be out of town or do not want all your holds to come at once.
Canceling a hold removes the hold from your account altogether. If you replace a hold after canceling it, you will be put at the end of the queue.
To suspend or cancel a hold:
- Visit BRiAN, our catalog, and log in if needed.
- Under My Account on the left (top on mobile), choose Titles On Hold.
- In your Pending Holds list, choose Suspend Hold or Cancel Hold.
- If you are suspending your hold, select a date to reactivate it.
If you are canceling a hold, click Confirm Cancel Hold in the dialog box .
If you need help suspending or canceling a hold, call or visit your local library.
AskWCPL is available
Mon-Fri: 9 AM - 5 PM
We are not available when the library system is closed for a holiday.