How do I make sure emails from the library get to me?
Last Updated: Jun 08, 2018 Views: 47
Sometimes hold notices, "coming due" notices or overdue notices are blocked by email service providers as spam. You might find our emails in your spam folder, or they could be blocked before they even get to you. This is due to the way your mail provider sets up its spam filters. Unfortunately, we have no control over this.
Your best chance of getting our email around your filters is to add our email addresses to your address book or whitelist:
- email@example.com (for downloadable materials)
Some people prefer to whitelist entire domains. Here are the domains we use:
If you need help adding addresses to your whitelist or if whitelisting our addresses does not work, contact your email provider for further assistance.
Below are whitelisting instructions for the most common email providers.
- Click Contacts in the left panel.
- Click the New Contact button above your list of contacts.
- Add an email address on the New Contact page.
- Click the Add Contact button at the bottom.
- Open your mailbox.
- Select Options on the top right hand side > Mail Options > Filters > Add Filter.
- Select Filters.
- Click Add Filter.
- In the top row, labeled From Header, select contains from the pull down menu. Enter the address in the text box next to the pull down menu. You can either give a specific email address or use domain names.
- Move down to the bottom where there is the option Move the message to. Select Inbox from the drop-down menu.
- Select the Add Filter button once again.
- Click on Address Book. (It’s over on the left, below your Folders.)
- When your Address Book opens, click the Add button.
- On the Add Contact screen, find the Internet Information box.
- Enter an email address into the top Email box.
- Click Save.
- Go to Gmail - Click the Show search options downward-pointing triangle in your Gmail's main search field.
- Type the desired email address or domain under From. To whitelist an entire domain (all mail from an address ending in "wakegovlibraries.com", for example), type the just the domain name or the domain name preceded by '@'. To whitelist "wakegovlibraries.com", for instance, type "@wakegovlibraries.com" (not including the quotation marks).
- You can create a master filter for all the domains/email addresses you want - You do not have to create a separate filter for each address.
- Separate addresses with '|' in the From: field instead. To whitelist "@wakegov.com" "firstname.lastname@example.org" and "@wakegovlibraries.com", enter "@email@example.comfirstname.lastname@example.org", for example.
- Follow the Create filter with this search ›› link at the bottom of the search sheet. - Make sure Never send to Spam is checked.
- Click Create filter.
Hotmail, Outlook.com, Live.com or other Microsoft email services:
- First, if you find email from us in your junk folder, open the email and click Not Junk.
- Next, check to see if our addresses or domains appear in the Blocked Senders list. If so, select it and click on the Remove button.
- Next, open your mailbox and click Options in the upper right hand corner
- At the top of the page, click on the Junk E-mail Protection link
- Next, click on Safe List, which is down near the bottom
- Type an email address or domain where it says Type an address or domain.
- Click the Add button
- Repeat steps 6. and 7. for the rest of our addresses or domains.
- Check your Yahoo! Bulk folder. If you see email from someone you want to add to your whitelist, highlight it and click Not Spam.
- Create a filter to automatically send email from certain domains to your Inbox:
- Click Options in the top right navigation bar.
- Select Mail Options from the list that drops down. Choose Filters. Click the Add button.
- Choose the field you want to match in the incoming message (i.e., Header or To)
- Choose the criterion by which you want a match to be made (i.e., Contains). Enter the text string to compare (i.e., email@example.com). Then choose the destination folder (i.e., Inbox).
AskWCPL is available
Mon-Fri: 9 AM - 5 PM
We are not available when the library system is closed for a holiday.