Does WCPL have wi-fi?
Last Updated: May 07, 2018 Views: 188
Yes. Wake County Public Libraries is pleased to offer free wireless Internet access in all libraries.
As with our public access computers, the wireless network is filtered in compliance with state and federal regulations. Library users may also be able to access non-Library wireless networks within the library. Use of these networks within our facilities is also subject to state and federal regulations as well as the Wake County Public Library Internet Use Policy.
Like most public wireless hotspots, the Libraries' wireless network is not secure. Information sent to or from your wireless can be intercepted by anyone with a wireless device and the appropriate software. We strongly encourage users to observe standard security practices in relation to passwords and credit cards. Users should also make sure their devices have the latest virus protection software and system patches installed.
The wireless network at Athens Drive Community Library is administered by Wake County Public Schools. Policies and rules for using the network may differ from the Wake County Public Libraries network. Please consult Athens Drive Community Library staff for more information.
Users should also note:
- There is no guarantee that all wireless devices will work with the network.
- Use of the wireless network is entirely at the risk of the user.
- The Library assumes no responsibility for the safety or security of a patron’s personal equipment resulting from the connection to the wireless network.
- The Library is not responsible for any losses incurred from using the wireless network.
- Staff can provide general information about connecting to the wireless network but cannot troubleshoot problems with your network equipment or make changes to the configuration or settings of your equipment.
Use of the wireless network indicates agreement with these terms and conditions.
AskWCPL is available
Mon-Fri: 9 AM - 5 PM
We are not available when the library system is closed for a holiday or inclement weather.