I am a local author. How do I get my book added to the library's collection?
Last Updated: Jun 07, 2018 Views: 154
Wake County Public Libraries (WCPL) supports local authors by providing a process for their books to gain exposure as part of our circulating book collection. Local authors are defined as those residing in North Carolina with particular emphasis on those in the Triangle region.
The process for local authors to submit their materials for potential donation is as follows:
- Download our “Local Authors @ WCPL” form (below).
- Complete and mail this form with one copy of your book to:
Wake County Public Libraries
Attn: Local Author Book Review
Library Administration Building
4020 Carya Drive
Raleigh, NC 27610
- All mailed books become the property of Wake County Public Libraries and will not be returned.
- WCPL will respond directly to the author only if the book is accepted for inclusion in the circulating collection.
- If the book is accepted for inclusion, the author will donate copies for this purpose at the direction of Wake County Public Libraries.
AskWCPL is available
Mon-Fri: 9 AM - 5 PM
We are not available when the library system is closed for a holiday.